Sunday, April 29, 2007

Into the Ether

Good writing weekend.

I wrapped up three new pieces.

Two short stories, now submitted to editors at two anthologies. I'm really pleased with how both turned out. Fingers crossed the editors agree.

Also completed the final rewrite on a four-page script for The Midnight Hour. Jason Whitley and I have concocted a breezy little origin story for Madeline Night and the Midnight Hour. I wrote the initial script a couple months back and waited for Jason to turn in his stunning artwork before tightening up the text and kicking it over to lettering madman, the Devil Genghis. Since we're eventually going to be posting this on the Midnight Hour web site, Jason will be finishing it up in full color in his usual amazing style. Here's a sneak glimpse:

And, lastly, I got word that Bad-Ass Faeries has rolled off the presses and copies will be released soon. This anthology features my short story, "Sally Smiles." I promise cover art and much more detail in just a couple of days as the editors have cooked up a contest and a launch event at Balticon next month to get things rolling.

No comments: